不是所有片語動詞都由兩個字組成,也有三個字的片語動詞。三字片語動詞就是一個動詞加兩個質詞:通常第一個質詞是副詞,第二個是介系詞。三字片語動詞也分成可分離與不可分離兩種,例如:

I know it’s been a long day, but do you feel up to playing tennis after dinner?
(我知道你今天辛苦了一天,不過晚餐後你還能打網球嗎?)

a. feel up to (有信心或體力)能勝任
When you feel up to doing something, you have the confidence or energy to do it.

I’m sorry to cancel, but I just don’t feel up to going dancing tonight.
(抱歉我不去了;我今晚實在沒力氣跳舞。)

The top of the mountain is only 1,000 feet away─do you feel up to it?
(距山頂只有一千英呎遠──你覺得爬得上去嗎?)

Jake always went in for fishing when he was a kid.
(傑克小時候總是喜歡釣魚。)

It was nice to meet you, and I look forward to seeing you again.
(很高興認識你,期待再次相見 。)

I’m sorry I can’t say yes about the motorcycle, but I have to go along with your mother’s decision.
(抱歉我不能同意買腳踏車的事,我必須支持你媽媽的決定。)

I’ve put up with these love handles long enough─next week I’m getting liposuction.
(我忍受肚子上的游泳圈夠久了──下星期我要去做抽指手術。)

You talk down to me like I’m some kind of idiot.
(你一付高高在上的樣子跟我說話,好像我是個笨蛋似的。)

Mr. Baker tried to screw his ex-wife out of her share of the lottery prize.
(貝克先生企圖榨取他前妻分得的樂透獎金。)

That con man screwed me out of my life savings.
(那個騙子坑了我一生的積蓄。)

Karen’s nervous about the job interview. She just wants to get it over with so she can stop worrying about it.
(凱倫對工作面試感到很緊張。她只希望趕快把它解決掉,就不用再掛心了。)

When I was a kid I went in for football, but I don’t watch it much anymore.
(我小時候很喜歡橄欖球,但是現在不太看了。)
arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    ★脈絡地圖 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()